Simon,

I'm not sure if you are handling very large ResultSets and need database-aware paging
(i.e., user clicks "next", and the next 25 results are fetched from DB, vs. having
them all in a Collection that you are "paging" through in-memory).  If you aren't
handling very large volumes, I suggest you check out the very savvy display taglib
(link below).  If you may be handling large volumes in the future (but not right now),
it can easily be replaced later with a custom paging implementation.  It works well in
conjunction with Struts; basically, you just stuff your Collection into the request,
and the tag uses Struts-like syntax plus the commons utilities to access properties of
the objects in your collection.  Sorting and paging are supported (and style classes),
and you can add dynamic output to table rows using a TableDecorator class that uses
the Decorator pattern to 'massage' data from your Collection objects.  Very simple,
and very well documented w/ examples, JSP source, etc.

http://edhill.its.uiowa.edu/display/

peace,
Joe