Tiago and I are hoping to update that :-) see the struts developer and
design pattern guide i just posted. There is also a need for the gathering
of faqs that exist in the HEAD now.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Reumann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 3:23 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re[2]: Are we getting off the topic

On Wednesday, August 28, 2002, 4:29:05 PM, Jim Conrad wrote:

JC> <snip> So read, then search, then ask.

Does anyone else, though, find both of the above very very difficult
with apache related materials? By no means am I saying don't try the
Struts documentation and the user archives first, but from my
experience the Struts mailing list archives are not easy to find
information in (the Tomcat one is not much better either). I really
wish there was a better way to get more relevant results based on
search criteria, since I know people like Craig, and other helpful
folks, keep answering the same questions over and over again. I've
often tried even searching the archives for information I know I have
posted and yet I often can't find it. I notice when I search the
JSP-Interest archives it seems I can get back much more relevant
results but I'm not sure why that is. Are there any alternative ways
to archive list posts? Because I find it so difficult to find answers
in the archives I end up keeping hundreds of messages saved in my mail
program (plug: The Bat:).

Might be a cool side project to work on an updated FAQ helping with
some of the more common struts questions that get posted. (Who has
time for that 'side' project though and I guess that's the problem -
it wouldn't be an easy undertaking ).

--

Rick

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]