On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Vinit Carpenter wrote:

> Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 17:48:06 -0500
> From: Vinit Carpenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: Struts and forward to non-html content
>
> Hi Emmanuel and thank you.  Does that mean that Struts CANNOT forward to a
> non jsp-servlet-action without having to redirect and cause a round-trip?
> Thanks

You can forward to any servlet or JSP resource that is accessible through
a RequestDispatcher.forward() call.  Basically, that means you just need
to specify a context-relative (module-relative in 1.1, unless you say
contextRelative="true") path that starts with a slash, and make sure you
have a coresponding servlet mapping.

Forwarding to a static resource works in *most* containers (it certainly
does in Tomcat), but isn't required to be supported by the spec -- you
might need to write a trivially simple servlet that just copies the static
resource out to the response.

Craig