Yep - that would be more along the lines of <logic:equals ...>

To be honest, the "best solution" for things of this nature (since we do
have the JSTL now) would be to use the JSTL (Java Standard Tag Library -
fetch it from the taglibs project).  My understanding is the Struts will
eventually migrate toward using this, so being proactive could save your
retooling later.

Regards,

Eddie