> My question then is, based off the current results:  "Oh?  Why didn't
> they vote to do away with this behavior then?"

Maybe because a lot of people just witnessed several people here come down like a ton
of bricks on the last guy who said he didn't like all the off-topic posts.

And if you're counting, my vote is to tone down the number of off-topic posts.  I
don't mind it, in general.  However, as Craig pointed out, it's gotten completely off
the scale.  It *is* annoying trolling through hundreds of off-topic posts to find the
meat, as I just had to do.

Paul