The absolute best recommendation I think that could be made to you is:

1)  http://www.theserverside.com/  <--- Click here
2)  Search for "Struts Book Review"
3)  Read
4)  http://www.bookpool.com/  <--- Go order it :-)

(No, I'm not being paid a commission by Chuck, I just think he did a
fine job and deserves to reap the rewards)

That one resource will answer so many questions for you that, if you
haven't read it yet, you _really_ should.  Another good "how-to tricks
and tips" is Ted Husted's "Struts Tips" which he posts on
basebeans.com's MVC Programmers list.  Fortunately, you can also get at
(many of) them by going over to http://www.husted.com.

Regards,

Eddie