Cedric,

I tried:

<tiles:importAttribute>
<bean:message name="title" scope="page" />

but I got the following error:

According to the TLD attribute key is mandatory for tag message

Did you mean:

<bean:write name="title" scope="page" />

If so then this does not get the key value from the Application Resources
but just displays the key name. I am assuming Michael has the following in
his tiles definition:

<definition name="site.main.layout" path="/layouts/siteLayout.jsp" >
        <put name="title"   value="site.title" />
        <put name="menu"    value="site.menu.bar" />
        <put name="body"    value="/tiles/body.jsp" />
        <put name="footer"  value="/tiles/common/footer.jsp" />
</definition>

where the value 'site.title' refers to a key in his Application Resources
file.

Regards,

Joss