Use a database trigger.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Raible [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 1:46 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Off Topic] File Changed Listener?

I am working on a project where we have two webapps, one is a admin app,
the other is for users.  Both are developed in Struts.  The users app
loads configuration settings from an XML file at startup and puts a bean
into the application's scope.  The admin app has an interface to change
this file and save the XML file.

So is it possible to develop a File Listener that notifies the user app
when this file as changed, so I can reload it?  If not, how would you
experts recommend accomplishing this?  Maybe the admin app calls a
servlet to reload the Configuration servlet?

Thanks,

Matt