From: "Jan Fetyko" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 4:58 PM
Subject: Re: [OT] RE: Struts and Large ResultSet

Couple of thoughts:

1. Can you get and unique ID of the record(s) and store it somewhere
(users session) ? Pageing through would be easy (although if you have to
store couple of 1000 ids, it's not pretty) 2nd option maybe ?

2. Or is there a certain order by which this ResultSet is ordered by (
SELECT blah from BLAHBLAH ORDER BY blah ) ? In this case you can store
the ID of the first & last record displayed and then on the "next" &
"previous" actions, you'd use these to go up and down ( so to speak ).

Jf

Michael Lee wrote:

>Actually this is a very valid topic, one which I'm struggling with now. I
>use scrollable cursors when I set up my statement and setFetchSize and do
>ResultSet.absolute() to go to the row that the 'NEXT' button sent. Is this
>the right path? In struts I'll most likely send a
>strutsAction.do&firstRow=50?listSize=25 or something on my submits but as
>anyone done pagination on large sets like this? I do a query every time
they
>click next. I don't think this is the best idea but I don't want to keep a
>result set sitting around...
>any idea? Am I on the right path?
>thanks,
>Mike

*Phase 2 Development*
825 N. Broadway, Suite 420
Oklahoma City,
OK 73102 *Jano Fetyko*
/Script Fighter/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(o) 405.232.4545 ext 231   (f) 405.232.4550

http://www.phase2online.com
"Oklahoma City's fastest growing web development company"

For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
tsdok