It would be hard to help with "details" without any more questions.  It
sounds like you're getting lost on a somewhat high level.  I would suggest
you read the Struts documentation thoroughly.  In addition, you could look
at the JSP pages for the "struts-exercise-taglib".  The page
"html-select.jsp" demonstrates a simple example of usage of the
"html:select" tag.