You'd need a descendant of ActionForm, yes.  It would have a property
for each image button (an instance of ImageButtonBean) that you needed
to have on your form.  It kind of yanks dyna-forms out from under you a
little bit.  I'm not entirely sure, but possibly you could specify a
formbean that descended from the dyna* stuff and had your button
properties -- which could be reused and still have dynamic fields as
well.  I'd have to dig and I'm kind of in the middle of something else
right now :-(

Sorry.  I didn't see your reply or I'd have answered sooner.

The most straight-forward implementation would build a new ActionForm
descendant that had properties for each of your required fields, and a
property for each button - yes.

HTH,

Eddie