I want to add an action to the Struts "pipeline" so that every single
request will cause the ActionServlet, or any other entity, to trigger a
custom service/action.
Basically I want to add one or more custom "Helpers" or "Managers" that
will perform some processing for every request and then return control to
the ActionServlet so it can process the request and forward on to the
requested ActionClass.  I want these custom actions to fire for every
request and I want to fire some before the ActionClass(s) and some after
the ActionClass(s) is done.
What mechanism(s) does Struts offer that will allow me to plug into the
existing Struts pipeline?

Thx,
Eric Weiss