On 9/12/2002 at 11:01 AM Michael Lee wrote:

>by default the '/' root is from your webapp, as it should be. All URLs
>should be from '/' that are going to the same webapp. If your going to
>another webapp just do an http://.... (Is this last sentence right?)
>Don't use ../.. whatever you do! (not easily mutable)

That solution doesn't work in general. In his struts-config file, he would
have to hard-code the following assumptions:

* protocol (http v.s. https)
* hostname
* port number

A better solution, I think, would be to augment processActionForward with a
new syntax for reaching the site root. How about //? E.g.

//OtherWebApp/foo/bar

- donald