Wow...never saw that before.  Apparently you've got thread contention on the
SAXP object.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 11:02 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Parsing error

        While I share your opinion on iPlanet, I have to live with it as its
the standard for development here. However I'm trying to advocate the MVC
architecture here. And I want to use Struts for the obvious reason that I
don't have to reinvent the wheel. So I need to get struts working. I did
some more digging and found that this was the exact error which was being
thrown by ActionServlet when trying to parse struts-config.xml. Any ideas on
this.

[11/Sep/2002:19:43:12] info (  517): java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException:
        at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:2312)
        at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:2332)
        at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.startElement(SAXParser.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callStartElement(XMLValidat
or.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanElement(XMLDocumentScanne
r.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatch(XM
LDocumentScanner.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.
java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1098)
        at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1495)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initApplicationConfig(ActionServlet.j
ava, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)
        at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.WServletEntity.loadAndInitServlet(WServletEn
tity.java:98)
        at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.WebApplication.init(WebApplication.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.VirtualServer.init(VirtualServer.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
com.iplanet.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.VSInit(NSServletRunner.java:
686)