Craig,

I notice there's supposed to be a way to "plug-in" rules to the
digester.  Is it possible for me to somehow do this and allow a plug-in
to have custom XML in the struts-config file?

I'm still trying to figure out how best I can leveage sub-applications.
 In some ways, I don't like that they're so disconnected.  I'm in the
process of building some customization on top of Struts -- currently
using an external XML file.  If possible, I'd like to move that
configuration into the struts config -- and cut down on how many files I
have floating around.  If it involves modifying the DTD, I'd prefer not
to do it though.  I'm a real XML newbie though, so I thought I'd seek
out some guidance on this one.

(I've read the digester javadocs -- will re-read them.  Do you know of
another good reference?  Thanks!)

Thanks,

Eddie

--