Perhaps it would be better to explain what you want to do before you do
this.

Why do you need to extract the name?  Are you needing this in your action
class?

James Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta