> I could be wrong, but every thing I've seen tell me that
> you can't do this with the current MessageResources API.
> There is no call for reloading or even modifying values.

This is correct.

We recently implemented a way to reload the application
resources by extending the MessageResource API.

The way we implemented it was to empty the cached data
in MessageResources and have the next request to the
messages repopulate the cached data.

There are 3 different caches in the MessageResources
classes you need to get rid off to force a reload.
One caches the messages, one caches the locales for the
messages being cached and one, I can't remember what
it cached.

See the source code for PropertyMessageResources.java
or MessageResources.java for more details.

(I don't have access to the source code of our implementation
 at the moment).

-TPP

<<winmail.dat>>