Hello:

I am developing payment history page(paymentHistory.jsp), The related formBean is
called HistoryForm.java, action class is HistoryAction.java

In HistoryAction.java, I got all payments(type of Vector) for a user from Database, I
use historyForm.setPayments(PAYMENTS, payments) to set payments into historyForm(it is
a instance of HistoryForm.java).

The following is part of my paymentHistory.jsp,

<logic:iterate id="aPayment" name="historyform" property="payments">
  <bean:write name="aPayment" property="amount"/>
<logic:iterate>

My question is: do I need to get payments( in  the paymentHistory.jsp) first before
using it in the line "<logic:iterate id="aPayment" name="historyform"
property="payments">. If I do not need to do anything before using "payments" in
iterate tag, that means the form knows what "payments" is by itself. Is my
understanding correct?

Thank you for your help.

Doug