Dear All,
        There seems to be  a problem in how Tomcat4.1.0 implements the
logic iterate method. Follwoing is the piece of code. It has a logic
iterate tag inside another logic iterate tag.

<logic:iterate id="berthDetails" name="captureIndentsForm"
property="berthIndentDetailsList" type="vo.IndentBerthDetails"
indexId="index">

// blah blah

 <option></option>
<logic:iterate  id="indent" name="captureIndentsForm" property="berthNumbers"
type="vo.IndentDetails">
value="<%=indent.getIndentBerthDetails().getBerthNumber()+'@'+indent.getIndentBerthDetails().getViaNumber()%>"><%=indent.getIndentBerthDetails().getBerthNumber()%></html:option>
</logic:iterate>

// blah blah

</logic:iterate>

The page connect compile in Tomcat4.10. It gives the follwoing message. I
did not face this problem in Tomcat3.x

An error occurred at line: 546 in the jsp file:
/jsp/generalops/iPort_GCO_MaintainIndents.jsp

Generated servlet error:
D:\Tomcat
4.1\work\Standalone\localhost\iPortMarine\jsp\generalops\iPort_GCO_MaintainIndents_jsp.java:320:

cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : variable indent
location: class org.apache.jsp.iPort_GCO_MaintainIndents_jsp
 com.ibsplc.iport.generalops.indents.vo.IndentDetails _jspx_indent_1 =
indent;
                      ^

An error occurred at line: 549 in the jsp file:
/jsp/generalops/iPort_GCO_MaintainIndents.jsp

Generated servlet error:
D:\Tomcat
4.1\work\Standalone\localhost\iPortMarine\jsp\generalops\iPort_GCO_MaintainIndents_jsp.java:336:

cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : variable indent
location: class org.apache.jsp.iPort_GCO_MaintainIndents_jsp
                              indent =
(com.ibsplc.iport.generalops.indents.vo.IndentDetails)
pageContext.findAttribute("indent");

Can someone explain why it is so and if Tomcat4.1.0 implementation in such
am I doing things right. Yes I can use java code to tackle this but I wish
to keep the jsp clean.

regards
Merrill