From: Howard Miller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2002 1:02 PM
To: struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Nested Indexed Property

Hi,

Sorry for repeating myself, but I think having read a lot more I can ask the
question
with a bit more "intelligence".

To set the scene may I quote from the documentation:

"You may also place a bean instance on your form, and use nested property
references. For example, you might have a "customer" bean on your Action
Form, and then refer to the property "customer.name" in your JSP view. This
would correspond to the methods customer.getName() and
customer.setName(string Name) on your customer bean"

fine... BUT what if name is a property of an object in the LIST customer. So

(working backwards) I want to create the reference:
customer.get( i ).setName(string Name) (oversimplified I know).

BUT it gets worse.... the index, i, is actually a property set on the
previous JSP
page... so its more like
customer.get( reqest.getParameter( "index" ) ).setName(string Name )
...and of course the form action needs to properly read the current values
into
the form text fields and then set them back into the correct place. I have
no
clue how to do this! Any offers?
HM