Attached is a demo.Demo class which utilizes a PropertiesManager
class.  The PropertiesManager class creates a properties file to keep track
of properties files, then creates and uses properties files with and
without defaults.  I use it to demonstrate to students.

You can put anything you like into any scope (page, session, application)
in an application, so you use property files just like you would with any
program or application.  There is no reason why you cannot create and use
classes and objects in struts.
This PropertiesManager is probably too unwieldy, but you can make something
that fits your own needs.

Micael