From: Eddie Bush [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: September 25, 2002 11:03 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Logout in a container-managed security environment --
Follow-up

Charles,

I don't remember the solution to this.  The guys on tomcat-user will
probably tell you to search the archive.  The issue that arises (using
Apache/TC) is that you have to map things you want the servlet container
to be responsible for (unless you use mod_webapp; I do not recommend
this approach - stick with jk).  Play around with adding a mapping for
j_security_check.  When you figure it out, please post it here or
directly to me :-)  I'll squirrel it off somewhere so I have it for
reference the next time someone asks.

You might *try* looking through the TC docs before you start aimlessly
trying different mappings.  I seem to recall Remmy changed the docs up a
bit, and they looked much better - but I honestly do not recall if the
solution to this problem is included nowadays.

Sorry I wasn't more help.

--
Eddie Bush