From: "Mark Silva" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 3:03 PM
Subject: Struts Authentication Filter

hello all,

I am attempting to write an Authentication Filter (Servlet Filter) for my
Stuts App.  It is pretty simple so far.  it just checks to see if a User has
Authenticated yet (from the session), and if not calls sendRedirect on the
response.  code and xml below....

public void doFilter...
HttpSession  session  = request.getSession();

if(!SecurityManager.isUserAuthenticated(session))
response.sendRedirect("login.do");
else
chain.doFilter(request, response);

<filter>
    <filter-name>authenticationFilter</filter-name>
    <filter-class>AuthenticationFilter</filter-class>
</filter>

<filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>authenticationFilter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

my question, is how i can give the filter a list of pages that are
unathenticated.  and to entend that idea, a list of pages that can only be
authenticated by an admin.  i have seen that the FilterConfig can be used to
get init parameters, but these only seem to be single values.  not a list of
potential URLs....  does any one have a solution to this problem?

thanks,
mark

For additional commands, e-mail: