At 05:31 PM 9/27/2002, Hohlen, John wrote:
>   However, this is really a bad practice.  Instantiation of the form beans
>should be left to Struts.  Therefore, whenever we encounter a situation
>where we need to pre-populate a form bean, we should create a second action
>who's sole responsibility is to handle pre-population.  This second action
>would be forwarded to by the first action.  For the second action, Struts
>will create the form bean as specified in the struts config file -- with
>validate usually set to false.

Sure, but I can still point to cases where you need to manual pre-populate.
For example, if you have multiple forms on a single JSP page, you either
need to prepopulate the forms manually, or you'd have to daisy-chain a
bunch of actions together, each one of which was responsible for
pre-populating a single form. This seems clumsy to me. Maybe what we need
is an authoritative way (i.e., an API) to instantiate DynaForms.

James