From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, September 29, 2002 6:22 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: all this traffic

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, adam kramer wrote:

> Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:17:19 -0400 (EDT)
> From: adam kramer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: all this traffic
>

> There's seems to be alot of resistance to any sort of suggestion that
> might create better documentation and useability of Struts.

I can tell you for a fact that there's no resistance from Struts
*developers* on this.  What we resist, however, is the implication that
*we* should do all the work. :-)

Struts is an open source project.  The documentation is part of the source
code, in easily accessible formats (for Struts, it is XML files that are
post-processed to produce the HTML), and maintained in the same CVS
archives that the code is.

Users are welcome to submit enhancement requests (for either the code or
the documentation) via the bug tracking system:

  http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/

and you can easily attach proposed patches to the enhancement requests.
The general outline of how to create the patches starts at:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/site/getinvolved.html

> Rather than telling people they have bad management skills, the obvious
> thing to do would be to actually listen and try to find solutions. There
> are lots of messages like Jonas's and there seems to be a core of people
> who are unwilling to listen or to change; it's like a chorus of people
> complaining about a bad interface and a group of developers just saying
> "get used to it buddy, always has been always will!"
>
> just an oh so humble suggestion.

My humble suggestion is to consider becoming part of the solution instead
of part of the complaining horde.  "Patches welcome".

> -adam k.

Craig