I could not agree more on reflection.  The management potential of
reflection is huge.  I really like Stuart Dabbs Halloway's book "Component
Development for the Java Platform," which is really reflection based in
essence, and love the JMX API.  Still, the present problem is not a very
good example of the proper use of reflection.  Just tossing my three cents
in.  I wish I had a job where I could work on the development of Java
management tools with JMX.  Man!  That would be a kick!  The possibilities
are staggering.