Just pick a bug and fix it (and test your patch!) - then submit it via
Bugzilla by attaching it to the bug.  If you are submitting an
enhancement/bugfix that isn't already in there, just create a new one
and attach it (it's a two-step process - you can't attach when you create).

We have to wait on the committers to actually apply the patches :-/

Oh, by the way, the "format" for your patch should (ideally) be a "cvs
diff -u".  You can find more information about helping out by visiting:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/bugs.html

--
Eddie Bush