a.  upgrade to 1.1b2
b.  don't bypass the ActionForm

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Silva [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2002 8:40 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Design Problem: Multiple Object Update

How would you strut gurus approach this in a Struts oriented way

( I am currently using Struts 1.0.2)

I have a list of objects on the screen, and i want to be able to make mass
updates to.  For example, i have a list of users, with Various Attributes
(name, isActive checkbox, etc).

I want the user to be able to make edits on the whole screen, and then
submit it.  What is the best way to keep the data together in terms of
naming of the fields.  currently I precede each value with the userId and an
underscore.

User = Mark Silva
userId = 101

name field --> 101_name
isActiveField --> 101_isActive

then to get all the data, i have to parse through the parameter list in the
request, and piece this all together.  Notice I am bypassing the Form
object.

Is there a Struts way to do this?

thanks,
Mark