From: Madhavi Thottempudi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 7:41 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: global variables-update

Hi Divakar!
Thanks for the suggestion.

I am still confused with one thing....
In the example provided by struts (struts-example), I found that they are
calling getServletContext from the Action bean to get a global/application
scope attribute,
but I felt it strange as there is no servlet passed to the Action Bean.

The code is as follows:
public final class SaveRegistrationAction extends Action {

public ActionForward perform(ActionMapping mapping,
                                  ActionForm form,
                                  HttpServletRequest request,
                                  HttpServletResponse response)
         throws IOException, ServletException {

         // Extract attributes and parameters we will need
         Locale locale = getLocale(request);
         Hashtable database = (Hashtable)
           servlet.getServletContext().getAttribute(Constants.DATABASE_KEY);
         if (servlet.getDebug() >= 1)
             servlet.log("SaveRegistrationAction:  Processing " + action +
                         " action");
}
}

Any idea where this servlet is coming from???

regards
-M