-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 9:23 PM

Hello again continuation from my previous message, hit the wrong button..

my EngJobBO.updateEngJob(engJob):

public void updateEngJob(EngJob engJob)
  throws EngJobException {

  validate(engJob);

  Connection con = null;

  try {
    con = pool.getConnection();

    EngJobDAO engJobDAO = new EngJobDAO(con);
    engJobDAO.update(engJob);

    con.commit();
  } catch(Exception e) {
    try {
      if(con != null) {
        con.rollback();
        throw new EngJobException(e.getMessage());
      }
    } catch(SQLException sqle) {
      sqle.printStackTrace();
      throw new RuntimeException("error.unexpected");
    }
  } finally {
    try {
      if(con != null) {
        con.close();
      }
    } catch(SQLException sqlee) {
      sqlee.printStackTrace();
      throw new RuntimeException("error.unexpected");
    }
  }
}

I hope that I have included enough information that someone can actually
suggest
some solutions.. It is really annoying this is the final bug in my program
and
the fact that the error is not displaying a usefull error message is driving
me
crazy!

Thanks for your time and any suggestions you might have..

Sam MacCutchan
Jr. Business Systems Analyst
Sinclair Technologies Inc.