> I tried it, and I still don't see Text fields populated in HTML form..
> Does this mean I will have to manually write code to get handle to fForm
> from 'request' and call fForm.getXXX() in my JSP file ??
> I thought html:text property="XXX" should automatically get the matching
> property value from the ActionForm in the similar way it does while
POSTing.
> I must be missing something here...

I had the opposite problem... things were magically appearing in the HTML
form and I couldn't see how.  I had started with the example app, and I
finally found the line, which I commented appropriately:

/*
 *  Magic!  This populates all of the ContactForm
 *  properties with the matching ones in the Contact
 */
PropertyUtils.copyProperties( contactform, contact );

'contact' is my Value Object, and 'contactform' is the [extension of]
ActionForm.

HTH!  Take a look at struts-example to see how it works.

--
Wendy Smoak
http://sourceforge.net/projects/unidbtags