I am having some problems getting struts to work with the above
configuration and have traced the problem down to commons-digester.  I
am using tiles with struts and to do so have the following in my
struts-config.xml file:

  <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin" >
      <set-property property="definitions-config"
value="/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml"/>
      <set-property property="definitions-debug"  value="0" />
      <set-property property="definitions-parser-details" value="0" />
      <set-property property="definitions-parser-validate" value="true"
/>
  </plug-in>

The file tiles-defs.xml contains:

<!DOCTYPE tiles-definitions PUBLIC
       "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Tiles Configuration//EN"
       "http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/tiles-config.dtd";>

<tiles-definitions>
  <definition name="deployer.rootlayout"
path="/layouts/root_layout.jsp">
    <put name="docRoot"     value="../" />
    <put name="titleString" value="Welcome to Component Deployer"/>
    <put name="topBanner"   value="/include/banner.jsp"/>
    <put name="lowerBanner" value="/include/lowerbanner.jsp"/>
    <put name="content"     value="/secure/home_content.jsp"/>
    <put name="footer"      value="/include/footer.jsp"/>
  </definition>
</tiles-definitions>

When loading the WEB application into JBoss/Tomcat I get a
ClassNotFoundException when trying to load XmlDefinition.

The problem seems to be with the digester, as it is not using the
WebApps class loader but another.  The context class loader on the
currentThread seems to be the right one but is not being used.  I also
noticed that the line digester.setUseContextClassLoader(true); has been
commented out in the constructor for XmlParser.

Should the XmlParser be set to use the threads class loader?  Should the
constructor set it?

Any help with this much appreciated.

Theo