In my book, Struts Kick Start, one of the chapters (ch 18, I believe)
provides detailed step by step instructions for integrating JBoss 3.0.3 and
Tomcat 4.1.12. There's a detailed sample app and design pattern discussion
as well.  (JBoss 3.0.3 and Tomcat 4.12 will be on the included CD-ROM -
along with Ant, XDoclet, Cactus, Junit, Strutstestcase, Axis, Torque, Mysql
and every other app we use!) I'll talk to my publisher to see if I can post
details prior to publication - it's in final edit now so I'm not sure if
they'll mind. Haven't seen PDF's for it yet, so I'd have to post excerpts
or something...

I start with the prototype application from JBoss and modify their default
ant script to build both the EJB jar file as well as the Struts war file.
I'm sure I include all the required libs in the war file in WEB-INF/lib. It
uses Struts 1.1b2. Works like a charm...

Won't be able to post anything until at least tomorrow night - don't know
if that will help :-<

Good luck -- I'll see what I can do.

Kevin

"Theo Harper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 10/09/2002 06:07:10 PM

       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

cc:     (bcc: Kevin Bedell/Systems/USHO/SunLife)
Subject:    RE: JBoss-3.0.3_Tomcat4_1_12

Indeed it shouldn't, but for some reason whilst loading the
configuration from WEB-INF, JBoss/Tomcat decides to use the Digester
class loaded using the system class loader and not the web app's class
loader.  I walked through the deployment code and the class loader for
the Digester is null.  My class loader knowledge isn't great but I
assume this means the system class loader.

The fact that it works for James Mitchell, suggests there is probably
something really obvious wrong with my set-up, but I can't see it.