Hi,

  I suspect that the Tiles definition factory is not properly
initialized. The initialization has changed between Struts1.0 and
struts1.1b2, to follow the new struts request processing.
  You need now a TilesRequestProcessor which is set by the TilesPlugin.
You don't need the ComponentActionServlet anymore.
  Check http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/dev_tiles.html.

         Cedric