From: Jean-Noel Ribette [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 6:16 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] struts-layout 1.0b1

At 17:18 09/10/2002, you wrote:
>Very impressive. So this tag library sits on top of struts functionality?

Yes, struts-layout is the last brick - it generates the output for the user.

The differences between a struts application using the struts-html taglib
and an application using the struts-layout one is in the jsps. The other
parts (application core, struts action and form) are the same.

With struts-layout, you don't have to bother about how to write a nice
table, list, menu or treeview in HTML. You just insert the tag, and the
component is displayed. The layout of the different components is done
automatically. As a result there is no HTML code in the jsp which make it
smaller, easier to write and to understand.

Jean-Noel

>Jean-Noel Ribette wrote:
>>Hello everybody
>>I'm pleased to announce that struts-layout 1.0 beta 1 - an open source
>>tag library for struts that allows to speed up interface creation - is
>>available for download.
>>struts-layout includes the following features:
>>- UI components tags: form, input fields, javascript date pick-up
>>calendar, sortable list, pager, tabbed panel, treeview and a few more.
>>- Layout tags: grid, row and column.
>>- skin support: a struts-layout application can load different css file,
>>allowing dynamic change of colors, fonts and images.
>>- CRUD support: struts-layout input field can be displayed read-write or
>>read-only in function of what you're doing (creating, editing or viewing
data)
>>A new tutorial explains how to build a simple struts-layout page. All the
>>components can be seen live on a demonstration news server.
>>Changes since previous version includes several bug fixes, enhancements
>>and new tags.
>>For more information, visit http://struts.application-servers.com, and
>>http://struts.application-servers.com/DemoServeurDeNews/allNews.do?reqCode
=showAllNews