The struts custom tags are part of the view layer which is not a
contradiction.  What if that jsp needs a model component later?  You can't
easily change the url because you'll irritate your users.  What if you
decide to implement your app for cell phones using WML?  It's harder because
now everything is referencing a specific presentation format (jsp).

Dave