It's not only simple, but we did it. The success forward from logout.do calls exactly
what you have there. My point was that our splash page calls it directly and that was
one of our early pages and it works and no one has or is likely to change it. When/if
it ever becomes an issue, it'll be refactored faster than you can say "Martin Fowler",
but not until then.

I know that I'm stubborn on this point, but we have a system that works and a business
sponsor who smiles when she sees our system, so how wrong can I be? ;-) Being
pragmatic is as useful as being up to date on every pattern and slick technique, in my
Humble Opinion. :-)

Simon