> Really 1.1 is so much better then 1.02 that you should be calling it
2.0
> when it is released (and the current beta releases should be something

> like 1.99....)

Of course Java is at 1.4.1.  How similar is 1.4 to 1.0?  And why do they
call 1.2+ "Java 2"?  Why didn't they just call it Java 2.0?  Will there
ever be a Java 2.0 or will it just go to 1.100?  Coming from a Microsoft
background (and finally seeing the light), I'm not familiar with the
strange versioning strategy in the Java Community and it's always
baffled me.  At our company we release a new major version every year
whether we need to or not.  I'm working to evangelize things like Struts
and open source in general, and part of that may be trying to change the
perception of release names, and words like "beta".

Greg