David wrote:
> And the somewhat more radical position: Use the Struts-EL library.  Then,
> this would look like this:
>                 onclick="setAction('Delete
> Staff');setKeyToDelete('${staffMember}');"
>                 styleClass="deleteButton" titleKey="button.delete.staff"
> value="     "/>

This has to be the first time in my life I've done anything "radical". ;)
However, in for a penny, in for a pound... I've got the nightly build from
the 16th.  With some copying of .jar and .tld files, adding a <%@ taglib>
for the html-el tags and a copy-paste of what you suggested above... IT
WORKS!

Thanks, David, and everyone who's been holding my hand these past couple of
weeks.  This webapp is SO close to actually working, and that's exciting!  I
don't know if any of you is also the sole Java programmer in a
company/department as I am.  There's no one here to ask questions of, (or
celebrate with!) so I rely heavily on the -users lists for the various
things I'm using.

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.