You're right, it will work. In a previous job, I worked on a project which
had a Visual Basic (!) client talking to some EJBs via servlets which
returned XML responses. That project wasn't using JSP, simply because
servlets were more convenient in that case, but there's no reason why it
couldn't have. We found a lot of benefits from this approach.

The downside was that a fair amount of time was spent defining the exact
protocol between the client and the servlets. Of course, this was before
SOAP... If you haven't already, it may be worth your while to take a look at
that.

Hope that helps,
Vil.
--
Vilya Harvey, Consultant
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                 / digital steps /

--Disclaimer--

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential and/or legally
privileged. If you have received this email and you are not a named
addressee, please inform the sender at Digital Steps Ltd by phone on
+44 (0)1483 469 480 or by reply email and then delete the email from
your system. If you are not a named addressee you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email. Although
Digital Steps Ltd routinely screens for viruses, addressees should
check this email and any attachments for viruses. Digital Steps Ltd
makes no representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses in this
email or any attachments.