Troy Hart wrote:
request.getUserPrincipal().getName()

You obviously need to fill in the gaps here. I have only provided a high
level view of the solution. For example, I haven't mentioned anything
about what you would use to "lookup a user profile". You would NOT use
your LoginModule for this purpose. In my solution my LoginModule uses a
UserProfileStore object that abstracts access to a store of user profile
information. I use this same UserProfileStore from a struts action when
I need to associate a UserProfile object with an HttpSession.

I think this is a pretty clean solution. Hopefully I will have given you
some helpful information.
You make a lot of sense, I think I'll stick to using a plain Tomcat Realm that points to a user database, and have the rest of the info in separate table keyed on the username.

Thanks for the advice,

A.

--
Adam Sherman