Hello All -

I'm a recent addition to this list, while I begin learning Struts. Not only am I
beginning to learn Struts, I'm beginning to learn all things Java.

I come from a ColdFusion/Fusebox background, but as a "leader" in that
community, I have secretly wanted more structure from a framework, along with
transitioning to a more "robust" web language. Fusebox also does an incomplete,
kludgy job dealing with MVC, of which I am fond.

I'm quickly getting knee-deep in many resources, and am burning through my old
"to be read" book collection of OO programming and JSP (working on Bruce Eckel's
Thinking in Java now). I consider myself to be well-versed in OO, very
comfortable with structured programming (structured meaning well-designed in
this case, not opposed to OO), but being a huge proponent of ColdFusion's
leading framework, I recognize the importance of starting off on the right foot
in my J2EE adventure (and think Struts is that right foot).

That exhaustive background was meant to help you fine folks make book
recommendations for me. I have bookmarked and visit some of the excellent online
resources for Struts and Java, but I'm the kind of guy who likes to spend money,
have something bound, with a glossy cover, sitting on my desk - it's like a
security blanket to me.

So of the apparently excellent titles either currently available or
soon-to-be-released, which one should I start with? Undoubtedly, I will acquire
another, and another, but for now... ?

Thanks,
NAT

Nat Papovich