I am using tomcat 4.0.3 and ant 1.5 with struts 1.1b2. What should be the right
combination? Any ideas?

Thanks.

 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

http://strutstestcase.sourceforge.net/faq.htm

You know, it's possible I spoke too soon.

The error I was thinking of was the first on in the faq (
http://strutstestcase.sourceforge.net/faq.htm ) which is actually:

"Missing configuration resource for path /WEB-INF/struts-config.xml"?

Oops...

Anyway, looking at the source code for StrutsTestCase:

public ActionServlet getActionServlet() {
init();
try {
if (!actionServletIsInitialized) {
// the RequestProcessor holds on to the ServletContext, so
// we need to ensure that it is replaced for each test.
ServletContext context = config.getServletContext();
String name = "org.apache.struts.action.REQUEST_PROCESSOR";

Object obj = context.getAttribute(name);
if (obj != null) {
config.getServletContext().setAttribute(name, null);
}
this.actionServlet.init(config);
actionServletIsInitialized = true;
}
return this.actionServlet;
} catch (ServletException e) {
**--> throw new AssertionFailedError(
"Error while initializing ActionServlet: " + e.getMessage());
}
}

Here's the particular exception that was thrown flagged with the "**-->".

It looks as if it throws ServletException when initializing the
ActionServlet at: this.actionServlet.init(config) - in other words, when
it actually runs the ActionServlet init() method.

Are you using the correct version of strutstestcase for your servlet
container and struts version?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] on 10/21/2002 05:51:40 PM

cc: (bcc: Kevin Bedell/Systems/USHO/SunLife)
Subject: RE: Error while initializing ActionServlet

This is a common error.

When using StrutsTestCase you need to have the path: '
/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml' on your class path. That is, it looks literally
for the directory /WEB-INF on the classpath.

Modify your class path to add the directory directly above 'WEB-INF' to
your classpath and it should work.

Kevin

Vikas Malla on 10/21/2002 05:46:33 PM

cc: (bcc: Kevin Bedell/Systems/USHO/SunLife)

ant-1.5.
James Mitchell wrote:What version of Ant are you
using?

James Mitchell
Software Engineer/Struts Evangelist
http://www.open-tools.org

servletunit.struts.CactusStrutsTestCase.getActionServlet(Cact
> > usStrutsTestCase.java:332)
> > [junit] at
servletunit.struts.CactusStrutsTestCase.actionPerform(CactusS
> > trutsTestCase.java:383)
> > [junit] at MyTest.testSuccessfulLogin(Unkno
> > wn Source)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runServerTest(AbstractTest
> > Case.java:332)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runBareServerTest(Abstract
> > TestCase.java:235)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestCaller.doTest(Abstrac
> > tWebTestCaller.java:149)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestController.dispatch87

> _handleRequest(AbstractWebTestController.java;org/apache/cactus/ut
> il/log/LogAspe
> > ct.aj(1k):125)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestController.around87_h

> andleRequest(AbstractWebTestController.java;org/apache/cactus/util
> /log/LogAspect
> > .aj(1k):1149)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestController.handleRequ

> est(AbstractWebTestController.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogA
> spect.aj(1k):1
> > 01)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.dispatch113_do

> Post(ServletTestRedirector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspe
> ct.aj(1k):123)
> >
> > [junit] at
org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.around113_doPo

> st(ServletTestRedirector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect
> .aj(1k):1149)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doPost(Servlet
> > TestRedirector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):109)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.dispatch112_do

> Get(ServletTestRedirector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspec
> t.aj(1k):96)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.around112_doGe

> t(ServletTestRedirector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.
> aj(1k):1149)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doGet(ServletT
> > estRedirector.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):92)
> > [junit] at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
> > [junit] at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFil
> > ter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(Appl
> > icationFilterChain.java:193)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(Standard
> > WrapperValve.java:243)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(Standard
> > Pipeline.java:566)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipe
> > line.java:472)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.j
> > ava:943)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(Standard
> > ContextValve.java:190)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(Standard
> > Pipeline.java:566)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipe
> > line.java:472)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.j
> > ava:943)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardConte
> > xt.java:2343)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHos
> > tValve.java:180)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(Standard
> > Pipeline.java:566)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorD
> > ispatcherValve.java:170)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(Standard
> > Pipeline.java:564)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorRepor
> > tValve.java:170)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(Standard
> > Pipeline.java:564)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogVal
> > ve.java:468)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(Standard
> > Pipeline.java:564)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipe
> > line.java:472)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.j
> > ava:943)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardE
> > ngineValve.java:174)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(Standard
> > Pipeline.java:566)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipe
> > line.java:472)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.j
> > ava:943)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(Http
> > Processor.java:1012)
> > [junit] at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProc
> > essor.java:1107)
> > [junit] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
> >

> > [junit] TEST appian.awf.qa.TestCactusLogonAction FAILED
> >
> > stop.tomcat:
> > [java] Stopping service Tomcat-Standalone
> > [runservertests] Server stopped !
> >
> > I am running struts 1.1b2. Why is my test failing? I have
> struts-config.xml in the classpath of my test in ant:
> >

> > > fork="true">

> > Please let me know.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Yahoo! Properties Special Buy, sell, rent...your flat, or even
> post an ad

> For additional commands, e-mail:
>
> Yahoo! Properties Special Buy, sell, rent...your flat, or even
> post an ad

For additional commands, e-mail:

Yahoo! Properties Special Buy, sell, rent...your flat, or even post an ad

disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that
For additional commands, e-mail: <
mailto:struts-user-help@;jakarta.apache.org>

disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that