This is not a struts issue because struts doesn't do anything to your stylesheets. It's the container, Netscape, or your stylesheet .

David

From: ajTreece <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Netscape v4.7x browser, style sheet and font problems
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 14:34:25 -0500

Afternoon folks...

This is weird and is really driving me crazy (even though it could be a short drive). I'm building a webapp using struts 1.1b1 utilizing tiles and the whole nine yards. I'm also using style sheets to somewhat control the fonts used and the font sizes on the screen. Using Netscape v6 or 7, the Mozilla browsers and even Internet Explorer work beautifully. My problem arises when using v4.7x of the Netscape browser. Granted this browser is years behind when it comes to current technology,
but there is a big dependence for this browser in my company so I must make sure everything is A.O.K. for that platform.

When a page is rendered on the v4.7x browser all text on the page whether controlled by the style sheet or not is displayed as one font style and one font size. I can't say for sure but the font looks like Verdana around 48pt. For the longest time I assumed it was just a style sheet issue, but I'm not convinced. It's not very scientific, but I copied the source from the rendered v4.7x screen into a new html file and when I displayed that html file the fonts looked perfect.

This is a big problem for me because I'm in the process of "evangelizing" struts technology to the rest of my development group for use in all of our applications, but Netscape v4.7x is sticking point that I can't get around.

I'm open for any suggestions...

Thanks, ajTreece