Currently we use "format strings" to control the display output of our
financial fields for bean:write output statements.

        bean:write name="overviewForm" property="LHO_AppraisedPrice"

This "format string" ensures that thousands and hundred thousands values
automatically have the appropriate number of commas inserted and that the
value ends with ".00". Is there a similiar clean way to do this with
"<html:text" fields. It won't recognize a "format" attribute and I would
prefer to keep all formatting in the JSP file and out of the corresponding
action.
ex.

Thanks, Norman