From: ajTreece [mailto:aj.treece@;sun.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 11:48
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: Nested levels within tiles?

How many levels of "extends" can you have within tiles? I've attached  a
tiles def file (that works), but I would like to see if it is possible
to do it differently so that I don't duplicate code in the xml file.
Here is the scenario...

site.mainLayout defines the overall page. The "mainbody" portion will
vary depending on the page called. As in the xml file, mainbody will
display a group of portals on the left and right side of the screen with
a larger html section in the middle addressed by "bodycontent". The
problem (as I see it) is that to get this to work I need to duplicate
code in both "home.page.layout" and "logon.page.layout".  Is it possible
to do an additional "extends" somewhere so that will eliminate the
duplication of code so that a scope change (what the users want to see)
can be addressed in a single location of the xml file?

Later, aj

Learn more about Paymentech's payment processing services at www.paymentech.com
THIS MESSAGE IS CONFIDENTIAL.  This e-mail message and any attachments are proprietary
and confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named
above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not print, distribute, or copy
this message or any attachments.  If you have received this communication in error,
please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachments
from your computer.