On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Hohlen, John wrote:

> Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 10:29:31 -0600
> From: "Hohlen, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "Struts-Help (E-mail)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Question: Upgrade to Commons Validator 1.0 Release?
>
> Does anyone know if we should replace the Commons-Validator that came with
> Struts 1.1 B2 with the version that was officially released on the Jakarta
> site this past Friday (11/1/02)?   Are these two versions identical, or are
> there some fixes in Commons-Validator 1.0 that we should upgrade to ASAP?
> I'm assuming we can simply replace the commons-validator.jar file.

My general advice would be to be cautious doing stuff like this -- the
combination you are proposing (Struts 1.1-b2 with the new validator)
hasn't been formally tested together.  It may work ... it may not.

If I were interested in using the new commons-validator 1.0 stuff, I'd
upgrade to a Struts nightly build that includes it, and thereby upgrade
the rest of Struts as well.

> Thanks,
>
> JOHN

Craig