Rick:

You are not the first to ask for a "secure" attribute on the link tag.  This
would be most useful for links to outside resources, like yours.  Currently,
the best answer would be to use the regular struts <html:link> tag for those
links, instead of the <sslext:link> tag -or- perhaps the <sslext:pageScheme>
tag is what you want to use.  Place at the top of your page like so:
<sslext:pageScheme secure="false" />.

As for specifying a forward to be secure or non-secure: changing the
protocol requires a redirect, so every forward where the protocol changes
would require a redirect, which would be OK assuming the developer
recognizes that going in.  I think you can accomplish the same thing right
now by using the <sslext:pageScheme> tag.

Anyway, please let me knoe of anymore issues, suggestions, etc you have.

Steve