Hue, Dirk,

Thanks for your input.  I tried with <tiles:put name="body" direct="true">
and found that to work just great.

Maybe I shouldn't care, but Dirk, do you know a subtle advantage to using
type="string" instead of direct="true"?

I'm quite happy, I'm just getting started on this app, but I can go back
through on the limited number of files that I have and merge the body file
for each presentation item, keeping the source tree more manageable for the
future.

have a great day,

-b