Please do *not* crosspost to both STRUTS-DEV and STRUTS-USER.

In this particular case, it is very much a user question, and belongs only
on STRUTS-USER.

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Bachan S wrote:

> Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 13:18:38 -0800 (PST)
> From: Bachan S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: bachan s <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED],
>      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Resending : Sub Actions in an Action class
>

> Hi Craig and others,

> We plan to use coarse grained action classes in our
> application.Basically what we plan to is to do is combine
> add,update,delete operation to one Action class.  We have two options .

> 1.Have 1Action class - 1 JSP - 1 Form Bean approach. This Action class
> will handle all operations/button of the particular page. Basically all
> button clicks.
>
> 2. Combine Add,update , delete etc of related data to a single action class.
>
> Which one of the two is the best approach.

I don't know if there's a "best" option; different people like different
approaches.  DispatchAction is designed for #2.

> I have another question .
>
> 3.For aboove Options 1 and 2 we would need to handle sub actions in the
> Action class .We understand that DispatchAction can be used to handle
> this by using reflection.Is there a better approach to do this .

DispatchAction is a standard part of Struts for precisely this scenario.
If there were a better way, it wouldn't be :-).

> Please give your valuable suggestions .
> Thanks and Regards,
> Bachan

Craig